Monday, October 31, 2016

Gurkin Burgers

Gurkin Burgers

I remember as a young boy how much I loved my Dad's burgers - they were so tasty to me. And as I got older and made them occasionally, even my friends liked them to the point that they were constantly asking for the recipe. Now my Dad has his way of making them and my older brother, Bob did a variation to Dad's recipe that is also unique and tasty. So here they are - Dad's and Bob's recipes for Gurkin Burgers. Enjoy!


Jim Gurkin's Burgers

Use good meat. Add Bell pepper, Onion, Carrot (if you like), salt and pepper, and enough ketchup to hold everything together. Goes good with potato chips, and anything else you like.


Bob Gurkin's Burgers

Generally, I start with a pound to a pound and half of 97% lean ground beef. You can also use 93%, but the more fat the harder the meat will be. I like to use the dried bread crumbs you buy at the grocery store. I use "Original" bread crumbs from Wal-Mart. Generally about a half cup. One cup of fine chopped onion. I prefer Vidalia onion. Two eggs. I like to use two eggs because it will hold everything together much better. Salt and pepper to taste. Meat tenderizer. (about 1/4 tsp) 1/2 cup ketchup. 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. If you wish you can add chopped up cheese. If you are going to use cheese use the cheap sliced cheese.
Mix everything very well and I like to use the hamburger patty maker you can buy at Wal-Mart, but you can make them by hand also. I don't make them as thick as we used to, so they will cook more evenly in the middle, but that is up to you. This is the exact recipe I use.

No comments: