Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Fluffy Omelets (like IHOP)

Fluffy Omelets (like IHOP)


When a pancake house ― ahem, an INTERNATIONAL pancake house ― sets about to make eggs taste better, they stick with what they know. And what they know, in case we didn’t already make that clear, is pancakes.  While most of us like a side of pancakes with our eggs, what we should have been eating all along is some pancakes in our eggs. Or, more specifically, pancake batter mixed in with our eggs before they’re cooked up into omelets. This is what IHOP does with their omelets, and it’s why their recipe turns out so fluffy.

Ingredients 
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup pancake batter
• Water to thin batter
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• ¼ cup shredded cheese of your choice

Directions 
1. Whisk together eggs, pancake batter, salt, and pepper until well combined.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add eggs and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until set. Flip and continue cooking until lightly golden brown.
3. Slide onto a plate and top with a bit of extra cheese.
Serve.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just found the Shrimp Salad Dressing recipe from the now defunct Coral Reef Restaurant on Fulton Av in Sacramento, on your website, and would very much like to have your permission to use it in a cookbook I'm working on. I'll give full credit to you, for allowing me to use it; several of us have been searching for that recipe for years!

BTW ~ I have the Coral Reef's recipe for their Bamboo Sling from their bar … The bartender gave it to me back in the early 70s, and it's in an earlier cookbook that I published. I'd be more than happy to share with you, if you'd like.

Thanks so much … It looks like you've not been blogging for a couple of years, so hoping to hear from you soon.

Unknown said...

OOPS ~ Forgot to give my name on the request for the Coral Reef's Shrimp Salad Dressing …
I'm Norma Thornton, in Rio Linda, CA.