Monday, November 16, 2009

Thanksgiving and Christmas 2009

Growing up as a kid, I used to love the holiday season. We didn't have a whole lot of money, but from Thanksgiving through the New Year, my Mom would go to great lengths to try and make us happy with food, decorations and music. I can still hear Mom's favorite Country Christmas albums - Brenda Lee, Elvis, and Jim Reeves to name a few. There seemed to be something different cooking each day and I would look forward to the scents from the kitchen when I walked in the door of our house after a day at school.

The postings for November and December will be focused on the types of foods we used to eat at our house during the holidays. I'm not going to list them all, but I'll try and post a few ones that stand out the most in my mind - with a variety of main dishes and desserts too. Heck, there's even a recipe for snow cream that my Mom used to love to make after the first snow of the season. Hope you like them as much as we did then, and do now.

-Rick Gurkin

No comments: